- This event has passed.
Non-fungible Token Essentials May 9 2024
May 9, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Non-fungible Token Essentials
Live Instructor-Led Course
Tuesday, May 9, 2024
11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern Time (starting 8:00 AM PT / 3:00 PM GMT)
This course provides an in-depth look at non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and their underlying technology, as well as their various use cases, marketplaces, legal and tax implications, and future possibilities. Students will learn how to create, mint, burn, and transfer NFTs, as well as how to buy and sell them on various marketplaces. They will also explore the legal and tax considerations surrounding NFTs, and learn about the potential future developments in the field. By the end of the course, students will have a comprehensive understanding of NFTs and their potential applications.
This course is intended for individuals with an interest in blockchain technology, digital art and collectibles, gaming, or any other industries that may be impacted by NFTs.
It should be accessible to people with little or no experience in NFTs and blockchain but also useful for those with some experience looking to expand their knowledge.
Non-Fungible Tokens Essentials Objectives:
- Understand the basics of NFTs and how they work
- Learn how to create, mint, burn, and transfer NFTs using tools like OpenZeppelin or Truffle
- Familiarize with the different marketplaces and exchanges for NFTs
- Understand the legal and tax implications of NFTs
- Learn about the current and future trends in NFTs and their potential impact on other industries
- Create own NFT project and experience the real world application
- Understand the potential future use cases and developments in the field
Non-Fungible Tokens Essentials Outline
1: Introduction to NFTs
- What are NFTs and how do they work?
- How are NFTs different from other forms of digital assets?
- Use cases for NFTs, including digital art, collectibles, and gaming
2: Creating and Managing NFTs
- How to create an NFT using a tool like OpenZeppelin or Truffle
- How to mint, burn, and transfer NFTs
- Best practices for managing NFTs, including security and provenance
3: Marketplaces and Exchanges for NFTs
- Overview of major marketplaces and exchanges for NFTs
- How to buy and sell NFTs on different platforms
- Comparison of different platforms and their features
4: Legal and Tax Implications of NFTs
- Overview of legal issues surrounding NFTs, including copyright and trademark
- How taxes apply to NFTs and how to properly report them
- Discussion of regulatory developments and potential future changes
5: Future of NFTs and Beyond
- Current and future trends in NFTs and related technologies
- How NFTs may impact other industries such as gaming and real estate
- Overview of potential future use cases and developments
6: Create your own NFT
As a final course project, students can create their own NFT project, by creating a digital art or a small game or even create a collection and sell it on any NFT marketplaces. This can help students to explore the practical aspects of NFTs which they have learnt.
This course provides 5% focus area coverage for the Web3 Certification Board (W3CB) Blockchain Enterprise Advocate Certification Exam Competencies.