- This event has passed.
Ethereum dApp Developer Workshop October 17 2023
October 17, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Ethereum dApp Developer Workshop
Tuesday, October 17, 2023
11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 AM PT / 3:00 PM GMT)
The Ethereum Developer Workshop is attended following the completion of the Ethereum dApp Developer course. The workshop is for existing developers who wish to understand how to create and integrate Ethereum-based decentralized applications (“dApps”). This live instructor-led developer workshop gives a top-down view of all important aspects of creating a dApp, an overview of how the Ethereum blockchain works, which is different from traditional architecture, and set up a working environment of new developer tools. Participants will learn Solidity, the primary language used for creating smart contracts on Ethereum. And after learning how to write, deploy, test, and interact with smart contracts, Participants see real examples in action by mimicking real running protocols. Graduating participants will connect smart contracts to a user interface, illustrating their ability to develop sophisticated dApps.
QUESTIONS WE EXPLORE:
- What is solidity?
- What is truffle for Ethereum?
- What are ERC20 and ERC223 protocols, and how do they differ?
- How do you connect a smart contract to a user interface?
- What happens when a transaction runs out of gas?
- What’s the most commonly used Ethereum development framework?
- Configure an Ethereum node – test RPC/parity
- Create a working environment for deploying and interacting with smart contracts
- Read and write smart contracts written in Solidity
- Illustrate how ERC20/223 tokens work, create tokens, and offer them to the public with an ICO
- Develop a token exchange with Ethereum using multiple different approaches
- Deploy Multisig wallets
- Design and construct a user interface that can work with Ethereum-based applications